Word for the Week: “A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.” Proverbs 15:1 (NRSV)
Good Morning! Thank you for joining us in worship today! Here are a few things to be aware of:
– The Trustees meet Tuesday, Sept 8th at 6pm.
– Final call for contributions to this year’s Annual Conference Special Offerings: the John Kofi Asmah School’s Maintenance Fund in Liberia; Our Conference, Our Kids; the Tom Brown Scholarship at Wiley College and the Bishop’s Ordinand Trip. Designate your gift and put it in the offering plate, we’ll send it to the conference.
– Eden Seminary offers, The Psalms for Justice-Seekers and Peacemakers, a three-night, online course beginning Sept 9th. Express your interest to Pastor Kevin.
– Worship continues to be offered in-person and online; please make choices that you are comfortable with regarding the COVID-19 virus.
— Here’s this week’s in-home worship package for those who are unable to join us.
— Click on this link to join via Zoom, or copy and paste it in your browser:
— Or join by phone at (312) 626-6799 (Chicago), using the same info (charges may apply).
— Youtube Live is another option – worship without using Zoom!
— Go to the linked page, wait for a “Live Now” video – click on it and away you go!
Here’s the link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIeukD6raE5Ims732qpdDUA
– Share these links with your family and friends! Visit us on the web & FaceBook.
– Please contact Pastor Kevin at (217) 692-2543 if you need help getting connected.
– Please Chat, text, email, or call to send us your prayer requests, to let us know who is worshiping with you, and to report problems during the service.
Please note, the Message will be sent out separately.